Job Opportunity: Interim Executive Director At Courthouse Center for the Arts
Position: Interim Executive Director
Location: West Kingston, RI
Organization: Courthouse Center for the Arts
About The Company:
The Courthouse Center for the Arts is a 501(c)(3) arts organization located in West Kingston, RI, which ensures the integral presence of the arts in the lives of its community, by providing facilities, programming, and leadership. The Center offers accessible, affordable arts and educational programs for adults and children. The Center offers first rate theater productions in its own black box theater with a seating capacity of 100. The major goal of the Center is to offer extensive opportunities to individuals and families to become involved in the many facets of the arts. More information on the Center and its activities can be found on its website: www.courthousearts.org.
The Center is also committed to the preservation of the historic Washington County Courthouse, which is the home for the Center for the Arts in West Kingston, RI.
The Courthouse Center for the Arts seeks an Interim Executive Director as it seeks a full time, permanent Executive Director. The Interim Director may be considered for the permanent position.
The Interim Executive Director for The Courthouse Center for the Arts will provide administrative and operations management for the day-to-day operations of the organization, including supervision of the Artistic Director and administration staff.
The Interim Executive Director will work in partnership with the Board of Directors to support the artistic mission of the organization and to engage the community. The Interim Executive Director’s leadership role includes planning and implementation of current and future programs fundraising, financial management, Board relations, administrative oversight, and community and public relations.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Seeking and securing funding and sponsorships from local, regional and national government, corporate, foundation, and individual sources to support operations, events and programs.
- Managing day-to-day operations.
- In close coordination with the Treasurer, collecting revenues, paying bills and invoices, and preparing budgets and financial reports.
- Maintaining corporate books and records.
- Ensuring compliance with legal and accounting standards and requirements.
- Frequently reporting to the Executive Committee of the Board of Directors on activities, programs and issues.
- Serving on and supporting Board committees to implement and manage events, programs and activities.
- Serving as primary spokesperson and liaison to members, artists, nonprofit arts organizations, arts and other businesses, schools, the media, county and local government and the community.
- Assisting in developing a variety of revenue streams.
- Researching and writing grant applications.
- Creating agenda for the Board of Directors in consultation with Board President and provide notices of meetings.
- Providing advice and technical support to the committees that run programs and activities.
Skills related to marketing, public relations, fundraising, arts related community outreach, communication and organization disciplines are essential components of this full time position. Demonstrated experience in arts management and or nonprofit management positions. BA in Arts Administration, Nonprofit
management or similar discipline.
How to apply:
Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
Send resume & references to Janet Innis:
Applications accepted until position is filled.