Summer Development Intern at The League of American Orchestras
Job Title: Development Intern
Status: Part-Time; unpaid; 20 hours per week
Internship Start & End Dates: 6/1/2011 – 8/1/2011
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide general administrative support to the Vice President for Development and Development staff including phone coverage, photocopying, filing, & general clerical tasks.
- Assist, as required, the Director of Individual Giving with prospect research, data entry and correspondence.
- Assist with all departmental mailings.
- Assist in the coordination and execution of donor/prospect cultivation events and meetings.
- Maintain and update files and tracking documents for various individual fundraising activities.
- Work collaboratively, both within and across departments, and interact effectively with all levels of staff, volunteers, donors and prospects.
- Other duties as assigned.
Located in New York City within steps of Lincoln Center and Carnegie Hall, the League of American Orchestra is an organization of nearly 900 orchestras and their friends who believe that orchestras are and must remain an eminent and meaningful component of America’s cultural life.
The League is a nexus of research, analysis and action on the challenges and opportunities orchestras face as not-for-profit arts organizations. It fosters excellence in governance, musicianship and management through an extensive array of leadership development programs. It partners with orchestras in enhancing their engagement with audiences and communities from our great metropolitan areas to the smallest, most remote rural outposts. It provides timely information on orchestral news and activities to music lovers everywhere. And it asserts to our leaders, legislators and fellow citizens that the United States depends on orchestral performance along with its sister creative arts to continue as a civilized society and a great nation.
To apply, please send a résumé and cover letter to: email@example.com
**No phone calls please**