Flying House Productions
Home of Seattle Men’s Chorus & Seattle Women’s Chorus
Position: Marketing & Graphics Associate
The marketing and graphics associate is responsible for the design and oversight of all printed collateral and web marketing for Flying House Productions (FHP). Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: design and layout of all printed materials and packaging; website development and maintenance; coordination and oversight of e-marketing and social media campaigns; and development and placement of all multimedia, web and print advertising. The marketing and graphic associate works closely with development and concert production personnel, as well as consultants and vendors.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Assist marketing director in planning and implementation of annual advertising plan for all concerts and performances
• Support the marketing director with marketing and communications of all FHP programs and events
• Execute the design and layout of marketing collateral and publications for all FHP programs and events (e.g. Flying House Magazine, Concert Programs, Auction Catalogs & Programs, Annual Report)
• Coordinate, schedule and monitor development and production of all printed materials produced on-and off-site; approving proofs and conducting press checks when necessary
• Creation, design and layout of all ads for FHP advertising customers, working closely with the advertising sales representative for design and placement
• Create and schedule FHP’s e-mail newsletters and e-blasts
• Maintain FHP’s e-mail lists for e-marketing
• Maintain photo and public relations materials on FHP’s website
• Create and maintain all web updates and edit content as appropriate
• Create and maintain all social networking accounts and outreach, including but not limited to: Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube
• Coordinate FHP volunteers who assist with social media sites
• Coordinate and oversee of all FHP photo shoots and archival photography of all concerts and performances
• Archive all printed materials; back up all electronic files
• Other duties as assigned
Qualifications/ Job Requirements
• Graphic and web design and layout experience
• Background or strong interest in marketing and communications
• Computer proficient in applications including ASP, Dreamweaver, InDesign (CS4 and CS5), Photoshop, and Illustrator
• Knowledge and use of HTML and Flash coding, and Final Cut Pro a plus
• Knowledge of Word, Excel and Outlook
• Strong writing skills and proofreading abilities
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Availability to work some evenings and/or weekends on a occasional basis
• Solid interpersonal, motivational and organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Ability to work independently on multiple projects; set and meet deadlines
• Comfort in working with people of varying backgrounds and sexual orientations
Benefits & Compensation
• This is a full-time, exempt position
• FHP employees currently receive subsidized medical, dental, vision, and disability insurance benefits, paid vacation and sick leave
• Salary competitive, DOE
How To Apply
• Please submit letter of interest, resume, and full professional references via EMAIL to: Frank Stilwagner [firstname.lastname@example.org], no later than 4:00PM on Wednesday, July 14, 2010. Please include the phrase “Marketing Graphics Associate” in the subject line.
• EOE—women and minority candidates encouraged to apply
• Email inquiries are welcome—no phone calls please
About Flying House Productions
Formed in 1979, the organization has grown to house both Seattle Men’s Chorus (SMC) and Seattle Women’s Chorus (SWC). Flying House Productions (FHP), the parent company for the Choruses, is the State of Washington’s largest and most influential choral organization and ranks third among the state’s music organizations in terms of budget, audience exposure, and ensemble size.
Flying House Productions is home to two of largest community choruses in America: Seattle Men’s Chorus founded in 1979, which is also the largest gay men’s chorus in the world with over 300 singing members; and Seattle Women’s Chorus which made its premier on stage in 2002 and has quickly grown to over 200 singers. Combined the Choruses are larger than the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. Each Chorus currently has a small ensemble of 9 members each (Captain Smartypants and Sensible Shoes) who further the mission of the organization by performing throughout the Pacific Northwest as ambassadors for the larger Choruses.
Each Chorus has a base of over 80 volunteers and associate members who support both Choruses. Full-scale choral productions combine the region’s leading professional talents with nationally-known guest artists to create events that expand the possibilities of choral performances and have enormous popular appeal. More than 25,000 people attend the five-concert series each season mostly using Benaroya Hall, McCaw Hall, and Meany Theater in Seattle with thousands more seeing each Chorus in other local performances every year.
Full-time professional staff includes the executive director, marketing director, development director, finance director, development manager, advertising sales & publications manager, box office manager, graphic designer, accounting assistant, development associate, company manager, administrative assistant, and assistant artistic director. The organization also works with several contractors on an ongoing basis including Dennis Coleman who has served as artistic director since 1980.
Flying House Productions cannot be considered as simply a local arts organization. In addition to the high level of performances it produces, Flying House Productions is also a “voice for acceptance” in the community and across the nation. It also plays an important national role as an organization that provides both musical leadership and administrative expertise that influences dozens of other arts organizations throughout the country and around the world.