These basic guidelines must be followed by all members and will be strictly enforced by The Network. If it is found that a member has violated The Code, we reserve the right to immediately suspend or terminate the membership. If membership is terminated due to a violation of The Code or Terms & Conditions, no refunds (in part or in whole) will be issued to the terminated member. All members are expected to fully cooperate in any and all violation and misconduct investigations. Once a membership has been terminated it can not be re-activated at any point in time. The terminated member will be banned indefinitely.
The current and recurring charge for membership is $100 per year for students and $100 per year for musicians. There is no membership fee for industry professionals or companies at this time. The Network reserves the right to reduce or increase the membership fee at any time. If your membership is still valid and a price increase or decrease has been imposed you will not receive a refund or be charged an additional amount (based on the new membership price) for the difference. You will be charged the new membership fee upon renewal of your membership. Memberships expire one year after registration. Please note that membership does not enable you to attend any of The Network’s events for free. Your membership guarantees you a discounted price for event admission.
Memberships also expire if a member’s contact information has changed but has not been updated on the Site within six months of that change or from lack of Site use occurring over a twelve month period. We do not issue memberships to anyone under the age of eighteen (this includes companies owned by individuals under eighteen years of age). Memberships are non-transferrable between individuals and/or companies.
Membership Applications & Review Process:
The Network is an exclusive and private entertainment industry networking, career development, and educational service. Prospective members must meet the following criteria: be an entertainment industry professional or company, student of the music and/or entertainment industries, or a musician; have a demonstrated passion for, skill in, and knowledge of the music and entertainment industry; want to actively participate in the growth of theirs and Others’ respective careers; possess strong written and verbal (English) communication skills; be outgoing and personable; and have strong relationship management and interpersonal skills.
Applicants are admitted after extensive evaluation and investigation of personal information submitted to The Network during the registration process. Only companies and industry professionals are screened for membership (to ensure quality of services offered and delivered to Others). Investigation of information submitted for review does not constitute a background check. The Network evaluates each applicant’s credentials to determine their fit with The Network’s mission and goals. The Network’s membership team works very hard to ensure a fair and consistent review for all applicants. Our review process is holistic, meaning we consider many factors when evaluating each membership application. Not all individuals will qualify for membership and The Network reserves the right to deny any individual or company membership.
Benefits of Being A Member of The Music Business Network:
- Ability to Attend The Music Business Network’s Networking Events at a Discounted Rate- Non-Members are charged $25 to attend each networking event (the student price is $15). Members of The Network pay $10 to attend each event or $5 if they are accompanied by a prospective member.
- Ability to Participate in The Music Business Network’s Digital Networking Events- These events are closed to the public.
- Ability to Access Educational Videos- This video series is focused on a variety of industry topics that will help you further understand the industry & grow your career no matter what career level you’re at.
- Breaking Music Industry and Marketing News Updates- Members receive this information from our own postings, discussion boards and through our social networking sites.
- Network Extension Services- We understand that your network in the music industry may be limited and that you may need help making new connections. We act as a broker between you and companies/individuals within The Network who provide the services that you need in order to attain your career goals. Through The Music Business Network’s intensive membership screening process we direct you strictly to reliable and reputable service providers.
- Internship & Job Opportunity Postings- A Looking for an internship or job, need to obtain interns or employees, or expand your business’ clientele? Our Opportunities page has a plethora of information that can help you further your career goals.
- Free Promotion For Your Company, Blog, Band, & Events- Members can post their events to our Facebook Fan Page and we’ll blast it out through our other social networks to help promote them. We also create featured posting when our members send us demos; band, company and event information; and articles they’ve published. Once our new website is up, this will be automated and you will be able to post this information yourself.
- Access to exclusive content- Members get access to educational information, webinars, career development worksheets & materials, new music, free downloads, apps, discounts to specific industry conferences, and much much more.
Please Note: OUR NEW WEBSITE (Launching in April 2014) WILL BE OUR PRIMARY MEMBERSHIP REGISTRATION PAGE