Sound Museum Music Networking Event & Casey Desmond EP Release Party 7/28/10
Time: 7:30 PM
Location: The Canal Room
Cover: $12- RSVP Required
Event Type: Networking Event/ EP Release Party (Private preview of Casey Desmond’s “Heart Shaped Faces” EP)
About The Event: Casey Desmond is a noted singer/songwriter and film/tv composer whos credits include dozens of songwriting awards, composing for Harpo productions, tv shows, movies,commercials, & film libraries.She was also chosen as a 2010 NMS Artist to Watch, is currently co-writing with Robert Ellis Orrall (Ke$ha,Taylor Swift, Lindsay Lohan) and is currently composing a commercial for the World Bank Tiger Initiative as well as providing Branding Modeling for DieselU’s upcoming ad campaign this Fall, and for Sonicbids.com
July 28th marks the release of her brand-new single, “Rendevous” as well as the launch of her new website.
The night will feature a live visual set by Steve Grise and a DJ-set by DJ Brendan Fallis (RKM Management– Avenue, Tenjune, etc.) whose remix of Casey’s new single will also be released that night. Opening support will be an introduction to singer Jillian Kelleher.
To RSVP, please email: RSVP@soundmuseumrecords.com.
For more information or to request an EP sampler for review, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artist Bios & Information
Casey Desmond is the SonicBids marketing/branding model. The daughter of two musicians & raised in a recording studio, its no surprise that Casey Desmond shares her bedroom with many vintage synths & keyboards, guitars and recording gear, and converted her living room into a practice space for her band. Home is where the music plays any time of night or day. Writing and recording with multi gold and platinum producer Anthony J Resta (Elton John,Collective Soul, Shawn Mullins, Duran Duran), Grammy winner Will Ackerman & bassist Tony Levin, her music has collectively garnered her over 2 dozen songwriting awards & prizes, film & tv placements, composition work with a major tv network and music library as well as 2 tracks on a compilation with Amy Winehouse & Duffy.
Drawing from her education in illustration and fashion design, she incorporates the style and dramatic flair of rock’s electro-pop icons like David Bowie, Peter Gabriel, Cyndi Lauper, & Blondie & contemporaries Bat for Lashes and LaRoux into her newest music,stage show, and even her hand made stage attire.
Casey has shared the stage with David Cook, Johny Lange, Ed Kowaszyk (from Live), The Motels, Luka Rossi, Kate Voegel & performed at dozens of colleges & venues all over the country as well as CMJ, NXNE, Sundance Film Festival, Virgin College Mega Tour, South Park, London Calling, MMS, MPMF, Head of the Charles Regatta, NACA, COCA, DBMC, Chickfest, Collegefest, Intl. Folk Alliance, NAMM, & DFEST.
* Selected a 2010 New Music Seminar Artist to Watch.
* Voted on of the top 10 artists of 2010 at indie-music.com
Currently writing with:
- Robert Ellis Orrall (ke$ha,Taylor Swift,Martina McBride),
- Gary Lucas (Jeff Buckley,Paul Simon),
- Christophe Eagleton, and remixing with:
- Mike Rizzo (Akon, Britney)
- Mark Lewis (mixology, Paul Oakenfold)
“Casey Desmond is a singer/songwriter/multi-instrumentalist destined to be a household name.” –Wildy’s World blog
“Though accomplished on guitar and keys, it’s her voice that is pushing her into female rock history.” –Skope Magazine
“Desmond’s rock chops, social awareness and amazingly versatile voice keep you listening”.-Performing Songwriter Magazine
* Finalist 2005, 2008 & 2009 John Lennon Songwriting Contest
* 2nd Place Winner- Pop- Indie International songwriters competition 2009
* Honorable Mention- NYSC 2009, JLSC
* Semi Finalist ISC 2008
* Finalist & Semi Finalist 100% Music Contest 2008
* Winner (Pop) ISSA contest 2008
* Winner Star Music Award-Best Pop Song 2008
* Winner $10,000 Grand Prize : Vision4Music
* Winner of Broadjam/Daisy Rock Guitar Endorsement
* Winner Oct 07 Broadjam Rock songwriting contest
* Winner Next Big Hit song contest 3/07
* Winner 2006 Rock Star Energy Drink & Effen Vodka – Be an Effen Rock Star competition
* Video prize Digifest Intl video competition – Italy.
* Winner 2006 Los Angeles Music Award- Female Singer/Songwriter Electronica category
* Winner -Songwriters Universe Sept 06
* 2006 Immie Awards Winner – Indie song of the year
* Finalist- 2006 UK Songwriters competition-Rock
* Semi Finalist – 2006 UK Songwriters competition -Pop
* Semi-Finalist – Williamsburg Songwriter Competition
* First prize winner – April 2006 VH1 Song of the Year
* Finalist in the 2005 John Lennon songwriting contest
* 2 time Semi finalist in the NE Ind Music World Series
* 2 time honorable mention winner Billboard songwriting contest
* Prize winner- the Singer/Songwriter awards
* Prize winner – International Acoustic Music Awards
* Vocalist of the Month (7/05) for Singeruniverse.com
* Song of the Year awards suggested artist
* 2005 N.E. Regional winner –Global Battle of the Bands
* Nominee Hollywood Music Awards 2008
* Nominated for Best Local Female Vocalist Boston Phoenix Best Music Poll (4/08)
* Nominee for Best Local Female Vocalist Boston Music Award 2007 (10/07)
* Featured artist in 2007 Music Edition of Improper Bostonian
* Track on the Sept CMJ NMM compilation
* Finalist in the 92.5 fm The River’s Rising Stars winning local commercial airplay
* JimDunlop.com (strings and picks) October 21/ 07 Band of the Week
* Nominee for Los Angeles Music Award 2007
* July 07 Artist feature on intl booking site vip-booking.com
* June 07 Performingsongwriter.com’s Top 12 DIY download artists,
* May 07 Featured Artist on XMRadio & www.radarreport.com
* April 07 Featured Artist on www.alternativeaddiction.com & onlinerock.com
* Feb 07Best New Artist at womenrising.com
* Jan 07 Featured Artist Indie Matters magazine,
* Jan 07 Artist Spotlight in Campus Activities Magazine,
* Voted one of Nexbighit.com’s best of 2006
2008 – Chilly Allston EP
2007 – No Disguise
2005 – Casey Desmond (Self-titled)
Jillian Marie Kelleher
Poised. Perplexed. Passionate. If these three words were a song, Jillian Marie Kelleher would sing them. In the meantime, she’s busy breaking her way onto the music scene with a classic and powerful pop/soul sound, sophisticated lyrics and an emotional performance that lures you in and smacks you awake.
A self-pronounced a-cappella nerd and one-time musical theater major, Jillian has dabbled in performing her entire life. From hosting a talk-show for MSNBC to touring frat parties in a southern rock band, Jillian gets her thrills from connecting with an audience and being a renaissance woman. In fact, she was recently flown to Klon, Germany to perform as a rapper with Def Jam and 4MM Games at Europe’s largest video-gaming convention “Gamescom”– a true testament to her multi-faceted approach.
When she’s not on stage, Jillian is the CEO/Founder of Connector Entertainment Group a full-service agency that specializes in optimizing opportunity for various lifestyle & entertainment brands. She plans to release her first single “Girl Like Me” in Fall, 2010
DJ Brendan Fallis
Management Company: RKM Talent
Management Contact: email@example.com
A Little Bit of Info About The Event’s Host: Sound Museum Music